Cat Sitting – Holiday Cat Care in Familiar Surroundings
Home really is where the cat is!
As humans we know only too well what it’s like to miss your family or the peace and safety of home, we even have a term for it… being ‘homesick’. From the cat’s perspective, their home is a sanctuary. It is their core territory and the place that is unequivocally theirs.
Without a doubt their home, is the most important thing to them, above any other resource or relationship. So whether it is for your holidays, business trips, Christmas breaks or medical emergencies, a cat sitter who can take care of your cat at home is always the best option.
Is it stressful for a cat to be boarded?
No matter which way you look at it, using a cattery involves stressful travel, unfamiliar sounds and unfamiliar smells. Your cat will no longer be within their familiar surroundings and whatever habitat they are offered, no matter how luxurious, it will be smaller and far more intimidating than staying at home.
Cats like a familiar routine!
Cats are creatures of habit. They have their daily routines, favourite places to sleep in the morning, observe the family in the day and nap in the afternoon. They find comfort in eating from the same food bowls, and using their own litter tray in a familiar surroundings. By arranging a cat-sitter to take care of your cat at home you are guaranteed to dramatically decrease the chances of stress related disease or unwanted behaviour.
Hassle Free Cat Sitting Service
- You will remove the stress of having to transport your cat somewhere unfamiliar.
- Booking your cat sitter is simple and easy to prepare for in comparison to cat boarding
- You will only have to pay per household, not per cat
- Having a cat sitter lined up means they will be able to step in with very little notice. Even if your usual cat-sitter can’t help, Cat in a Flat will help you to locate a registered and vetted alternative cat minder in your area.
Peace of mind and home security
- Your cat sitter will take good care of your beloved cats in your home.
- They can provide a drop-in service or even stay overnight. This means you will also be benefitting from maintaining a degree of occupancy in your home.
- A cat carer can do extra tasks such as helping with bringing the post in and watering the plants.
- An overnight stay also gives you extra peace of mind in that your cat has overnight company with some additional home security thrown in!