Prepare for your cat sitter
When going on holiday, there’s always so much to remember. Passports, tickets, suntan lotion. And as we run out of time, our cats run the risk of being just a note on the to-do list.
To make things a little easier, we thought we’d help you out with an easy checklist to make sure you are fully prepared for your cat sitter. After all, the less hassle the cat minder has the more time they will have to play with your gorgeous kitty.
Plan ahead for your cat sitters arrival:
- Choose an trusted cat sitter and arrange a meet and greet in advance.
- Ask to be sent daily photo updates. We all know you’ll miss your fur baby.
- Call your vet ahead of time and leave a credit card number in case of emergency.
- Double check your cats are wearing their identification collars
- Leave a spare key with a neighbour or a friend in case of an unforeseen circumstance.
- Make sure you have booked and paid the sitter through Cat in a Flat in order to ensure they are covered by the Cat in a Flat Guarantee for the duration of your holiday. You will be reminded to pay the sitter the day before you leave
Prepare your home for your cat sitter:
- Keep everything the cat sitter needs in one area – food, toys, treats, fresh litter and cleaning products. Have a look at our handy checklist.
- Make sure you’ve left the sitter clear instructions and emergency contacts.
- Close windows and adjust the thermostat to a desired temperature suitable for your kitty.
- Make sure your cat litter box is fresh and clean. With spare cat litter easily accessible.
- The rubbish bin and fridge should be emptied of any food that will spoil.
- All electronic cat flaps should have new batteries and be checked
- Give your fur baby a few new toys to help keep boredom at bay.
- If your cat is nervous around strangers, set up a diffuser, to create a calming environment.
- All cats are inside your home when leaving (if your cat is out, inform sitter).
Now sit back and relax and enjoy your well deserved holiday, and don’t get too jealous if you see your moggy is having too much fun without you 😉
Love team Cat in a Flat