Checklist to be prepared for your Cat Sitter.
As the Christmas countdown begins, and the preparation to the festivities gets busier and busier, we thought we’d help you out with an easy checklist to make sure you are fully prepared for your cat sitter. After all, the less hassle the sitter has the more time they will have to play with your precious fur baby.
- Arrange to meet your cat sitter a few days before you leave to talk through your cat’s routine and give the sitter the keys
- Ask to be sent daily photo updates, we all know you’ll miss your fur baby
- Leave a spare key with a neighbour or friend in case of emergency or extreme weather
- Update your vet and emergency contact details on your profile
- Make sure you have booked and paid the sitter through our system to ensure they are insured for the duration of your holiday. You will be reminded to pay the sitter the day before you leave
Prepare Your Home for Your Departure:
- Leave everything needed for the cat sitter in one general area. Eg. Food, Treats, Toys and Cleaning Products
- Adjust your thermostat to a desired temperature suitable for your kitty
- Cat litter box fresh and clean
- Rubbish bin and fridge emptied of any food that will spoil
- Windows closed, toilet seat down
- Last minute instructions for sitter placed on counter.
- All electronic cat flaps with new batteries and checked
- All cats are inside your home when leaving (if your cat is out, inform sitter).
Now sit back and relax and enjoy your Christmas break, and don’t get too jealous if you see your fur baby is having too much fun without you 😉
Have a Meowy Christmas!
Love the Cat in a Flat Team